Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Rodeo

For the past two weekends I have been able to go see the rodeo. I do not know how I have lived in Utah for so long and never seen one before. I definately have been missing out these last few summers! My very first rodeo was the Pleasant Grove Strawberry days rodeo. I went with my friend Hilary and we had a great time. I don't know what it would be like to grow up in world like the ones the cowboys live in. Who ever thought it would be fun to get on a wild and crazy animals back and try and hang on while they are trying to buck you off? Well, I don't know how fun it is to actually be on the back of a bucking horse, or an angry bull, but it was sure fun watching them! I think my favorite at this one was the steer wrestling. Those boys are crazy. They have to jump off a speeding horse, grab the steer by the horns, stop it from running and flip it over. I do feel bad for the steers. But at the same time, I think it is probably very difficult to do. These cowboys are more than just guys that have nothing better to do, they are athletes. I came home from strawberry days with a better appreciation for cowboys and their athleticism, not to mention how attractive they look on those horses!

I went last night to Lehi Round-up rodeo with my roommates Amanda and Kindy. This time the steer wrestling wasn't as good mainly because the guys kept missing the steers. The bullriding was phenomenal though. Those were some angry bulls. I also enjoyed thier entertainment just before the bull riding contest, they a couple guys from the canadian airforce came and did some Motocross stunts and those guys were crazy too! Talk about performers! One of these days I'll have to go to the X-games and watch because that was amazing. All around I had lots of fun, and I think I have become converted to watching attractive cowboys do their thing at these rodeos. I recommend it to anyone who has never seen one of these to go and be entertained. It was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment